Thursday, April 7, 2011

What to do?

So after all my whining about applying and rejection letters (because the b-word isn’t blog appropriate) I have been offered a job.  You’d think I’d be jumping for JOY and part of me is.   But I’m indecisive and a girl and an over-analyzer and a worrier and a touch of crazy…so…
I’m not sure if it’s the right job for me.  This job would require a move.  A move is OK with me.   But I would rather not move to a smaller town at this point in my life.  And if I am going to move to a small town, I’d like it to be closer to home.  But people who are just starting their career can’t be the choosiest.  But if I do have to move, I’d like to be sure that a job is a good fit.   But how can I be sure if a job is a good fit unless I give it a try. 
Here’s a condensed list of my pros and cons:
PROS
CONS
·         good school leadership
·         friendly community
·         close-ish to a bigger city
·         good counselors in other positions
·         in a small town
·         not a lot of diversity
·         time split between different schools…high number of students per caseload
·         not sure if I can get another job


So what am I going to do?  Your guess is as good as mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment