Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Blahs of Job Applying

I hate applying for jobs.  HATE IT!  I hate filling out the apps, getting reference letters, not getting calls for interviews, going to interviews if I'm lucky enough to get called for one, updating my resume and blah, blah, blah.  For the third time (not counting summer jobs or part time jobs) in my rather short (5 year) career, I am again applying for jobs, but this time I'm doing something different...I'm going to write about it.

Tonight I got together with my friends for a baby shower (for one of the cutest mom and baby ever).  But a few of us were talking on the way home about how different our lives are then we ever would have thought 10 years ago.  If I was the me I had planned for then, I should be married, with at least one kid, teaching, and a home owner.  Obviously, that plan was not God's.

So as much as I hate the job application process, I know I'll end up wherever God is going to use me next.   But most of the time, I worry. I mean, I worry A LOT.  For me, applying for jobs is also a test of faith.  And, for the record, I really don't like tests either, but I haven't found a way to avoid them yet :)

1 comment:

  1. I also HATE applying for jobs! It's like a full time job in itself!

    Cool blog, Ann! Good luck with your job search. :)

    ReplyDelete